OldSchoolUO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failure to install : Still getting "Either the Account name is incorrect etc"

2 posters

Go down

Failure to install : Still getting "Either the Account name is incorrect etc" Empty Failure to install : Still getting "Either the Account name is incorrect etc"

Post  Slinloth Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Exclamation Hello, I am a old UO player and I stumbled across your shard. I have followed the instructions , I deleted all previous files and what not and installed your files in order. I installed the setup already and when I try to open client it tells me "Either the Account name or password you provided were incorrect. If this is a new account your account may not be active yet." I have re-installed, tried moving folders around but nothing works, I'm starting to get frustrated . How do I play the game? which folders do I need to remove, all of them? or some? How do I get your client to work. Please and thank you I am very interested in playing Old School asap! Exclamation
Slinloth
Slinloth

Back to top Go down

Failure to install : Still getting "Either the Account name is incorrect etc" Empty Re: Failure to install : Still getting "Either the Account name is incorrect etc"

Post  Devon Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Hello!!did u see the OldSchool Server when u enter the login and password? (Whats ur login?)
lets find the problem!
Devon
Devon
Game Master

https://oldschooluo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Failure to install : Still getting "Either the Account name is incorrect etc" Empty Failure to install :

Post  Slinloth Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:48 am

I opened the client.exe that's now in my UO folders and it seems like it works at first. I get "The Aybyss" artwork background and what not. I type in my account that I want which is < Slinloth > and I put in my password. And I sometimes I get the erroer , " Failure to communicate with server " or sometimes "If this is a new account etc etc " I am not sure what to do, should I uninstall?
Slinloth
Slinloth

Back to top Go down

Failure to install : Still getting "Either the Account name is incorrect etc" Empty Re: Failure to install : Still getting "Either the Account name is incorrect etc"

Post  Slinloth Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:50 am

Sorry.. When I meant it seems to work at first, it actually lets me log in now, then I get to the World selection screen, I click "the Abyss" then after it acts like it wants to go to character creation screen, then the errors pop up.
Slinloth
Slinloth

Back to top Go down

Post  Slinloth Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:52 am

I just now noticed, when trying to log in at the very bottom left of the screen it says " bad account name, try using a "guest" name"
Slinloth
Slinloth

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:53 am

ok i got the problem!

u have to download this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/cu79c5qenn08ktg/OSUFiles.rar?dl=1

when u download it, use Winrar to descompress in ur UO Folder ( as example C:\UO ) and replace all the files.

Try it and tell me
Devon
Devon
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Slinloth Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:57 am

This is exactly what I just did, Downloaded your link, extracted it into my UO folder then opened the "client" that's inside, it opens the client and I put in my acc/pw and this is the error I receive : "There is a problem communicating with the server please try again later."
Slinloth
Slinloth

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:59 am

ya i know, u just downloaded the client (223mb or near)

but u have to download Patch too! and replace the files there are inside of OSUPatch.Rar , there is the Login.CFG to play in our server, ur problem is that u dont have the correct Login.cfg and u see "The abyss" instead of our server... "Old School"
Devon
Devon
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Slinloth Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:04 am

okay, I am going to uninstall UO, remove ALL files and folders, then download your links? I am not understanding how this all works. I had downloaded your patch, and it still wasn't working, are there any files I need to keep, or wipe it all?
Slinloth
Slinloth

Back to top Go down

Post  Slinloth Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:07 am

ill try again, ty for your time
Slinloth
Slinloth

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:16 am

u got Google talk?
Devon
Devon
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down